Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 4045D Injector Pump Leaks

whtailhunter · 2023-03-09 09:06

I have an Ingersoll Rand 185 CFM compressor running a John Deere 4045D. The injector pump is a DB2435-5374 or RE500949. Unit has low hours and operates flawlessly aside from external fuel leaks at the injector pump. I've found a Stanadyne DB2 pump manual but it's a different variation of the one im looking at. The fuel leak appears to be coming from either the timing window (which is on the engine side) or the TORX PLUS bolt right next to the timeing window. I have a seal kit inbound to replace the timing window seal and hopefully the TORX PLUS bolt seal. But I'm concerned with pulling the TORX bolt as I can't verify I'm not going to cause havoc without a parts breakdown or tech data. I've reached out to several Injection shops as well as Stanadyne directly (who referred me to their dealers who don't respond) for information but they only want to sell me a rebuild. Does anyone have access to that kind of tech data or experience with that particular pump that could weigh in?? If so do you also have torque values?

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612023-03-10 05:21

    This is a question for @thepumpguysc .

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-03-10 10:56

    The TORX screws r loose from the factory.. no kidding. U may have to loosen the 3 mounting bolts to swing the pump far enough to tighten it up..don’t worry about the torque.. just tighten it up..

  3. #3whtailhunter2023-03-10 11:11

    Thank you!!! I also have to replace the timing window gasket, is there a torque for that or "goodNtight"?

  4. #4thepumpguysc2023-03-10 11:25

    You’ll b lucky if the side cover gasket comes in the kit.. DO NOT tighten it.. u only snug it..otherwise it’ll split.. I’ve gotten in the habit of supplying an extra gasket in my return small parts bag.. And instructions to snug the fasteners.. NOT tighten them.

  5. #5whtailhunter2023-03-10 14:10

    you nailed it already, the suppliers photo showed it in the photo but it didnt come in the kit, they are shipping me one now. I swapped the bonded washer on the TORX plus plug and tightened and resused the old window gasket until new one arives. No more leaks!!! Thank you for your input! Do you have your own shop? If so please let me know as i know who i want to send my pumps to from now on! Thanks again!

  6. #6thepumpguysc2023-03-10 18:48

    U can reach me directly at my screen name at aol dot com Look forward to hearing from you.. Happy to help..