Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410 Axle —-Help

dgoodman ยท 2014-06-13 11:04

Glad it is Friday. Get to be Mechanic tomorrow. I put a post on here few weeks ago, I'm needing to remove Right Rear Axle assembly on John Deere 410 Backhoe. Several of you guys had said it can be done without removing the Hoe Assembly so that's the way I'll try it. My main concern, removing one of those backhoe braces and the tractor not laying down on ground or worse me. I've searched the blog, anyone have step by step axle removal or photos for thought, etc. Anything in particular I should know, need to be aware of? May be getting into a little more than I know how, but i've always been opinion if it can be fixed, I can do it. You know what I mean. Thanks Anyhelp before tomorrow really appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1dgoodman2014-06-16 10:01

    Axle Removed Well, I wasn't able to get any help here. But maybe this will help someone else later in a search of this site. FYI the Axle will come out without taking the Backhoe off the machine. Contrary to the book. Although it could be a dangerous project if someone didn't pay lots of attention to blocking and securing the tractor. All went well getting the axle off, about 5 hour project with 2 of us. Lots of Jacking, pondering, jacking, etc. Ended up Broke Sunshaft? Now just have to get the remaining part out of the rearend. Have a Good day.

  2. #2Tinkerer2014-06-16 13:44

    Did you read this thread ? Not a step by step tutorial but if has a lot of info. Too bad you didn't take some pictures and posted the R&R procedure with details. Someone else will be needing the help eventually. HeavyEquipmentForums