Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410 stuck in gear

Joe Friday · 2025-12-30 14:57

I am looking at a John Deere 410 hoe that is stuck in gear. Is this a common problem? Is it difficult to repair? Can the transmission top be pulled without pulling the transmission? Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612025-12-31 06:15

    A straight 410 like this?

  2. #2Billrog2025-12-31 12:35

    If there's an oil fill plug in the top take it off and stick a big screw driver in and pry the gears around just my work. I've done it on a couple pieces or equipment.

  3. #3Welder Dave2026-01-01 03:32

    That's a common fix on Ferguson and Massey Ferguson Ag tractors.

  4. #4Steve Austin2026-01-01 11:18

    If the picture MG sent is correct please clarify if the reverser only goes in one direction or is it the floor shift levers jammed.

  5. #5Joe Friday2026-01-02 20:13

    I don't know where my mind is.... Checking my note - I have looked at so many Backhoes in the last week.... This on is a Case 580 SK It is cheap but only works in 1st and 2nd gear.

  6. #6Diesel Dave2026-01-02 21:27

    Might as well start a new thread

  7. #7HarleyHappy2026-01-03 11:46

    Haven’t been above 2nd gear since the last time I roaded it. Think it’s been over 5 years.