Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410D Backhoe repaired leak unsure how to fill hydraulics

gsxrider471 ยท 2019-05-20 17:42

I just did some repair work on an John Deere 410D where I replaced the swing cylinder and main front loader hydraulic hose. I lose a ton of fluid and need to replace it, but im completely lost on how to do this? I have 2 fill tubes on my machine that I can see one is a hydraulic fill tube up top and one is a reverser oil reservoir. I added oil to the hydraulic reservoir up top and it seemed to be filling the bottom reverser oil reservoir so i'm guessing that's not right? When I ran the machine the hydraulics were extremely slow and choppy so i'm guessing thats def not right and I shut off the machine right away. I have a service manual for it, but it doesn't really tell you how to refill it. Could anyone give me a little guidance on where the fill plug is even located at or if i'm filling the right thing?

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2019-05-20 21:29

    Hydraulic oil is to be added here. It should not come out the other one.

  2. #2gsxrider4712019-05-21 15:33

    Thank you for getting back to me on this. I'm going to fill it today and hope everything is in good shape ready to go.