Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 410J TC Starting Issue – Clicks but will not turn over

nuyakacreeknursery · 2023-10-24 07:11

I started my JD 410J TC, raised the bucket to open the hood, killed it, and now it will not start. It only clicks and will not turn over. The batteries are new and showing 12 volts on the multi-meter at the battery and on the display in the cab. The terminals and all connections have been cleaned and tightened. What am I missing?

Replies2
  1. #1JL Sargent2023-10-24 08:50

    I would try jump starting it from another 12v vehicle. If the voltage is 12.0 volts, that's less than 50% charged.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-10-24 10:23

    Welcome to HEF nuyaka . You may have the “battery disconnect switch“ option. Those switches are known to give up without warning. It switches the ground cable and it is located in the engine compartment mounted on the left side frame rail. Use a jumper cable across the 2 switch terminals to bypass it as a test.