Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450 Crawler Tachometer Purchase

Timberland ยท 2022-10-28 17:08

Hey All, I'm wanting to replace the tachometer on my Deere 450c as mine is completely shot. I have been looking on Ebay at aftermarket Tachs and they range from $20 to $220. Anybody have experience purchasing one of these? $20 one is from India and brings back a saying from my High School Basket Ball Coach:"By Cheap Get Cheap." There are some in the $70-$120 range from U.S. Dealers. Looking for hands on experience before I purchase. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Mcrafty12022-10-30 06:15

    Your safest bet would be a Deere dealer.....I said safest, not cheapest..if you are lucky enough to find they are still available, be prepared to swap an arm or a leg for it.

  2. #2Timberland2022-10-30 07:08

    Thanks, I believe I would rather go tach-less than give my first born to Deere. I tried an aftermarket on an old ford tractor I had with good results. Was hoping someone had first hand experience with Deere aftermarket.