I tried my best to follow the instructions on HLR and pedal adjustments, but I’m missing something somewhere Is the three and three-quarter inch pedal adjustment the movement before the collar actually moves? As soon as I push the clutch in, I can see the CALLER move. Also, I have no or very little pressure until I physically push the clutch in as a matter of fact, the dozer won’t move, unless I depress the clutch in My goal is to have good pressures forward in reverse without depressing the clutch. What am I missing?
Any ideas anybody?
Why do I get pressure when I push on the clutch pedal?
Please be patient Ralph. Because someone did not respond in the first 4 hours doesn't mean you won't get an answer. Many of the contributors also work for a living so response times could be a little slow. The clutch free play is the amount of travel the clutch bearing travels until it contacts the fingers on the clutch pressure plate. The reason your machine starts to move when depressing the pedal is because the HLR Clutch (the little stud and nut you can see looking into the bell housing hole) is not adjusted correctly. When that is properly adjusted, the pressure is actually 5 psi lower than system pressure with the clutch pedal all the way up. Then the pressure should rise 5 psi in the first 3/4 inch of travel to system pressure. Do you have the manual TM1330? The adjustment is found in 9020-20-01.
Yeah, I hear ya. I’m self-employed and work all the time. I have a guy coming today to look at the machine for purchase. I’m moving onto a loader style machine. That’s the reason for the urgency. I will go back and double check everything what I wasn’t understanding. Was the free play in the pedal as soon as I push the pedal, I see the collar moving is that correct?
OK, I read what you said about the clutch fingers. Is there a way to physically know or see when the fingers are being depressed?
I thought I typed a response. It must not have posted. Yeah, I understand. I work all the time self-employed Reason four the urgency is I have a buyer coming today and it started acting up yesterday No matter what I do to adjust the pedal and the HLR nut the pressure stays around 60 psi when I put it in forward and reverse it drops down and doesn't come back up. The dozer runs like a boss when I depress the clutch pedal about an inch it goes in and out pushes really good. It just won’t do that with the clutch pedal, not depressed. I’m gonna go back and start over thanks everybody
MG2361 is correct on the machine moving and pressure rise when depress clutch pedal. You clutch pedal free travel is the distance pedal moves from its stop till release bearing just touches the clutch pressure fingers. Just push pedal down by hand till you fell the bearing contact fingers and take your measurement.
I meant clutch pressure plate fingers not pressure fingers.
Thanks everybody. I got the lever in the right place both shift levers and neutral was running 30 psi in neutral. I had been going down with the HLR nut because honestly I didn’t know so I backed it off. I came above where it was before, and the pressure came up to 150 I moved it up a little more than it was around 170 to 180. I moved the shifter in and out of gear it dropped for about three seconds and then came back up. I think I got it pretty close. I’m going to leave it alone. Thanks again.