Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450c trans problems

Johnnie1987 ยท 2023-02-03 00:12

I have a John Deere 450c dozer I replaced the transmission case an everything in it but the gears my problem is when it's cold it pulles good for about 30-45 minutes then it starts acting up I can pull steering lever an it will stop turn a lose of it then it takes back off but not much longer after that it completely stops pulling it has good trans oil pressure 180 psi any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612023-02-03 05:25

    Welcome to HEF Johnnie ! Has the steering clutch adjustments (the valve under the seat) been checked?

  2. #2Johnnie19872023-02-03 05:59

    No I'm not real sure how to I have a book but it confused me on that part when it's cold it pull an steers good any information on how to would be appreciated

  3. #3mg23612023-02-04 05:53

    Sorry, I have no words of wisdom to offer.