I'm working on a John Deere 450C LC excavator and it loses hydraulic power and the engine bogs down to the point you can stall the engine while trying to operate the controls. When this occurs there is an engine light, but I don't know how to read codes through the screen on this machine. When the engine stalls it does not restart until you prime the fuel system. I drained some water out of the fuel/water separator primed the fuel system and the problem went away. This problem has occurred a few times, intermittently over time. The fuel filters were previously replaced. Fluid levels look good. I'm guessing there is debris stuck in a fuel fitting somewhere. Any tips for the most common places to look? Thank you.
In the battery compartment should be a Diagnostic display unit. That will be for the engine. Engine codes do not show in the monitor diagnostic display in the cab. Press either the up or down arrows to scroll to serv codes. Press the up and down buttons at the same time to access. Up and down to exit, scroll to stored codes and repeat.
If you have water in the filters go right to the source and drain the fuel tank. You may get water, rust or even a black sludge ( algae ) . If you do get any of the above I would take the bottom plate of the tank and clean it thoroughly. As you can see by the parts picture it would be easy for rust to build up in places.
Thank you!
I'll give that a try. Thank you.