Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450D – LC “Weak Hydraulics”

Josh L ยท 2019-05-24 09:28

Hey guys, I have had a complaint from an operator of "weak hydraulics" on this unit, S/N: 1FF450DXEBD914228 but I can't get access to any specs or service info from our local dealer. That's about all the story he could give me, operated it a bit and it feels fine to me but I'm not in it every day like him so I'd like to check relief settings. What I have checked is fluid level, filters were recently done and the pumps are putting out rated pressures no cavitation or aeration sounds, no visible leaks. I was hoping someone could provide advice, operational specs or a service manual. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612019-05-25 05:52

    Any codes?

  2. #2Josh L2019-05-25 10:38

    Hey thanks for this info that was perfect. Took a look at the machine before I got this so I didn't capture all these details but I found Boom Raise/Lower pilot pressure (2.17 mpa - 2.2 mpa) was about half of what every other function was at and it was incapable of lifting the machine. Pumps were putting out a flow of between 89- 100 Lpm depending on load. I wasn't sure on any specs at the time but those were the "discrepancies" I could find with what I had available if this helps at all?

  3. #3Josh L2019-05-25 10:38

    Sorry I forgot to mention there was no codes.

  4. #4mg23612019-05-26 05:04

    Ignore the flow readings. Those are calculated flows, not actual flow. Minimum pilot pressure for any spool is 3.3 MPa (oil 110 deg min, "P" mode, slow idle, function dead headed with lever at full stroke). Also check control pressure for pump 1 and 2 to see if they are same with various levers at full stroke (paying particular attention to the boom functions). You will need to figure out why it is low. May have to physically hook up a gauge to confirm the pressure to make sure the sensor is good as well. Pilot controller itself? Hose collapsed on the inside? May have to check pressure at various places to try and find where the pressure drops. Oh, forgot to mention....Welcome to HEF !