Was called out to work on no start Dozer . It would spin over but not fire off. Checked fuel. It was full. Checked oil was not on stick. Added gallon and a half. I found wire to fuel solenoid was rubbed in two. Repaired. Started Dozer checked Gauges. Oil pressure was low but in green. Walked Dozer about 60 feet. Engine licked up. Advice how to handle this with customer when he returns my call?
Just be honest and tell him what happened. You didn't do anything wrong. He may have known there was something wrong with it to begin with.
Yes honesty is a must .
I let this unit set for about an hr and tried to spin it over it tried so I hook jumper cables to it pulled oil filter off and squirted oil in filter block. Put filter back on and bumped starter 4 or 5 times it started doing over and fired up not smoking or knocking but now oil pressure gauge stays pegged out.
I would tell customer, no oil on stick, topped it off, repaired wire to fuel shutoff and started it, pressure low and engine stopped, put a manual gauge to it and see what you have. Probably time to go over maintenance records with customer and then pull engine.
Finally talked to customer yesterday. He was very cool about things . His big concern was that this unit has sat for 2 months and was serviced about 3 months ago at his local dealer before he brought it to his weekend place . Said only had about 10-15 hrs on service so he was wanted to know where oil went. Told him I didn't see leaks with side panels off. But only thing I could do was put in manual gauge and pull belly pan to check for leaks from bottom. Belly pan full of dirt.
I would check hours on paperwork from last service and drop belly pans
Got back to Dozer today to pull belly pans and wash also to find oil leak. Appears someone used a jic plug for a drain plug and it just strips out. Will have to get correct one Monday .