Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450G stopped running won’t restart

jezellow ยท 2023-10-13 16:11

Dozer was running great for several hours, just quite, restarted one time for a few seconds. Added fuel hand primed engine still wont start. Turns over just fine. Have fuel leaving filter. Grab a test light and tried to check pump, while test light was connected very dim and stud began to smoke. Could the shut off solenoid be bad or I saw someone mention just the insulator. Or should I be looking somewhere else? Thanks in advance Jaime

Replies8
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-10-13 19:40

    turn key on and off wile having someone listen you should cear a light click if sol. is working

  2. #2jezellow2023-10-15 13:14

    Top mechanic (my wife) said could not hear or feel a click. Waiting on kit to replace insulators. Will check solenoid when I take top of pump apart later this week.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2023-10-15 15:52

    did you check wire to see if it is hot

  4. #4jezellow2023-10-15 21:56

    y Yes sir Thanks

  5. #5Delmer2023-10-16 23:07

    I'd think you could find a specification for the ohm reading of the coil, then an ohm meter will tell you if it's shorted through the insulator, or the coil is shorted internally (lower ohms but not shorted).

  6. #6mg23612023-10-17 11:54
  7. #7jezellow2023-10-17 13:48

    Removed fuel shutoff solenoid this morning, has visual cracks and ohmed out as a dead short. Order new solenoid will be here Thursday. Thanks Dave and Delmar

  8. #8jezellow2023-10-20 12:26

    Replaced solenoid this morning, fire right up. Thanks again to Dave and Delmar