Hey guys I have a 97 lgp machine that has no foward and reverse in 1st and 2nd gear 3rd and 4th work fine I removed the suction filter and found clutch fibers and about half a big snap ring does anyone know where a source for good parts the dealer said the clutch drum was not avalible from JD any other good tips for removing the tranny would be helpful I bought a manual Thanks
There are places to buy used parts sometimes, would depend on the serial number. The first and second gear clutches are common on one shaft, not sure why you would lose both, kinda depends on what all came apart in there. Sounds like fun though!
Got the transmission out and I have a brocken drum I've been looking online but haven't had much luck finding one if anyone has any ideas please let me know Thanks
Try these guys. http://www.oemreplaceme.com/
Part number, or serial number and which drum, is it the 1/2 clutch drum? Torque convertor or direct drive? Yeah, OEM should be able to fix you up.....
Its the 1/2 clutch drum its cracked on the outer ring gonna call OEM tomorrow Thanks