Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 455e

Eric Vassar · 2018-03-24 07:45

i recently purchased a John Deere 455e. The guy said that 3rd and 4th gear didn’t work. Do Anyone have any back ground on where I should start looking to repair. Is this a common problem that is easy to fix?

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2018-03-24 09:53

    Not a JD guy but doesn't sound like an easy fix. Most use clutch packs and planetary gear transmission. Being 3rd and 4th I would guess a clutch pack not engaging. Would start with fluid and filter change

  2. #2old-iron-habit2018-03-24 23:31

    Not sure what changed from the D to E series but on a D series you had to pull the engine and everything back to get to the gears. Had a chipped third gear in a 455D when I bought it so I have been there. Very good machine though. Maybe your E is better access.