I have a Deere 490D . It was running just fine and all of a sudden it started to die like it was out of fuel. Still has half a tank of fuel. I changed the fuel filter. Unit started just fine and then died like it was out of fuel. I removed all fuel lines and blew them out thinking I had pulled a piece of trash into a line. Put it all back together....same thing. Started and died. I figured it must be the fuel pump. Changed it.....same thing. Is there a filter in the end of the injector pump? I am at a loss on what could be causing it. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. David
Pull the line off the bottom of the tank and blow up or jam a rod up in the tank. Jd is notorious for how short the stand pipe is. You may end up removing the tank and steam cleaning and coating the inside.
I blew air up through the fuel line and into the tank. I also blew from the tank towards the fuel pump. It pushes a solid stream of fuel when I pressurize the tank. Also, when this happens, it appears that the fuel filter is still full of fuel. I would expect the filter to be starved if the problem was upstream of the fuel filter????
Have u pulled the fitting off the top of the inj. pump.. If its a Stanadyne pump, theres a check ball return connector that'll get clogged & shut the pump down.. Pull all the fittings off the top cover.. & see if u can run it normally.. U can clean out the return connector & see if it'll run.. IF it keeps getting clogged & shutting the engine down, the pump needs to come off.. Good luck..
is there a screen in the filter housing bolt, also banjo fitings can trap alot of crud. I also agree with The pump guy