Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 490d hydraulic fitting style

scooter01922 ยท 2025-09-19 18:32

Would anybody on here be able to definitively say what type of hydraulic fitting a John Deere 490d excavator has?? I know they are some sort of flat face coupling as I have replaced numerous soft lines. Those ones I just grabbed at the local John Deere service place and didn't really think much about it. Now however the case drain hard lines from the travel motors have begun springing pin hole leaks. Rather than deal with another hard line in a hard to reach spot that likes to pack full of dirt and hold moisture I'm just going to make up some soft lines for it. Problem being that I'm not sure exactly what style the fittings these are. If I order up lines it's infinitely cheaper than having them made locally while I wait but it's sort of important that I know what the hell it is I'm ordering. Thank you guys for any and all information offered.

Replies5
  1. #1oldtom2025-09-19 19:11

    ORFS

  2. #2willie592025-09-19 20:40

    What he said, O-Ring Face Seal. And if you're going to keep that machine you should purchase an ORFS o-ring seal kit, you're going to need it.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-09-19 20:47

    Definitely female -6 JIC

  4. #4willie592025-09-19 21:09

    Good catch. If it's a steel hard line through and through with a fitting nut on each end, for sure JIC.

  5. #5scooter019222025-09-20 12:52

    I was wondering if those hard lines for the case drain might be different from the rest of the lines. I know the travel pressure hard lines lines definitely have o rings. Those buggers were a real joy to hook back up after I resealed the rotary manifold. If those case drains are just -6 jic then this just got a whole LOT easier. I don't have a whole o-ring kit for the face seals but I do have a good dozen or so of the several sizes that I have found this machine needs. Replaced every hose on the stick and dipper along with the ones that go to the rotary manifold. Figured there was no point running old hoses when I just repacked all the cylinders.