Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 500c

gravesdavid81@g ยท 2014-10-19 20:59

I just bought a 1978 john Deere 500c ,it starts and runs good but wont move,it has 8forward and4 reverse none work,there is a leaver on the left side up by the front of the cab can anyone tell me what it for. Its seized up

Replies4
  1. #1Deere500a2014-10-19 22:49

    Should be the clutch disconnect for cold winter starts

  2. #2gravesdavid81@g2014-10-20 13:44

    Ok thanks I cant seem to get it to move should it be pulled all the way back or ahead,its a head now and the tractor will not move,I bought it this way hopping to be able to fix it for cheap

  3. #3Deere500a2014-10-20 19:17

    Seating down it should be forward pull to you to disconnect. Good luck

  4. #4Delmer2014-10-22 11:36

    Do you have any movement in any of the 12 speeds? Does it try? if the wheels are off the ground? Can you rotate the wheels forward and backward by hand with the engine off? How's the rest work, loader? hoe? steering?