My machine will randomly drop out of gear during operation. It seems to happen usually after the machine is warmed up and when there's any kind of shaking from lifting the bucket or turning. I can't make it do it all the time, it is quite random. When it does happen, moving the gear selector into neutral and back into gear fixes it until it decides to do it again. I have the repair manual and operation/test manual and have been going through them but I haven't really come up with a good way of troubleshooting with how intermittent it is. From what I understand my possible problems could be with... The gear selector lever/switch The clutch cutout switch A switch on the left brake pedal for clutch cutout The transmission controller Does anyone have any suggestions on how to catch any of these in the act because they must all function most of the time. Typing this out I realized for the clutch cutout switch I could probably just unplug it to role it out but still not sure about the rest of them. Thank you for reading and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
If you turn off the clutch cutout switch on the dash, does the issue go away? If so, then your issue is with the switch at the pedal. The fact that you move the shifter to neutral and back into gear fixes it, I would be suspect of the FNR shifter. They were problematic. Faulty wiring to the output shaft speed sensor or a faulty sensor itself will affect operation as well. Make sure there is no debris on the end of the sensor and it is adjusted properly. Although, I think if there is an issue with the speed sensor circuit, it will limit what gear you are in, not stop the transmission. For testing, start with running it with a voltmeter backprobed into the power supply of the FNR, then to the outputs of the FNR, and watch for any lost signals when the issue occurs. Check your messages, I sent you something that might help in your journey.
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I did confirm that the clutch cutout switch was on and it does seem to function properly. Ive had this machine for 20 years and never even knew what that switch did until I was looking into this problem. I turned the switch off and now I will run the machine to see if the problem went away. If it persists Ill continue troubleshooting. Thanks again for the point in the right direction.