Needing to drain the oil on my 1998 544H loader. Of course the owners manual has every detail except the drain. Serial DWS544HX567468 I can see the plug while laying on the ground under the belly pan, there is not enough room to get my hand between the pan and the axel and get any leverage to break it loose. From the left side of the engine compartment with the door open and shield down, I can barely see and feel where the plug is. I have scraped it clean and it appears to be about a 15/16 hex. If I get this plug loose does it back out a ways and the oil drains out like my D6 dozer, with the plug staying in the pan or will the plug probably slip out of my fingers into the drain bucket? Had to use a mirror to see under the pan to scrape the plug area clean. All help appreciated.
No remote drain on the frame ?
None that I can see anywhere.
Hopefully someone will be able to help.
Called the dealer yesterday, he talked like their was a remote drain. If so it is well hidden.
All my Deere have a drain valve on cab entry side of engine. That's 544G, TC54H, 544J, and 544K machines.. on the 544G, you need a 1/4" Allen wrench, on the TC54H, it was a 6mm Allen wrench needed, and the J & K have a 1/4 turn valve with a 1/2" square operator.
Allen wrench turns valve in center, at arrow.
Thanks, good photos. So far I have not seen anything like that on mine, but I will look closer. I have a plug that looks like #11.