Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 544j no power at idle lots at rough idle.

Wayne McNeil ยท 2019-06-22 15:16

I have a 544j John deere loader it got little power but idles beautifully shut it off then restart it and it idles rough but lots of power. What's with that?

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2019-06-22 15:33

    Which engine? Rotary injection pump or common rail injection? When did symptoms start? Right after changing fuel filters?

  2. #2Wayne McNeil2019-06-22 16:54

    Common rail. Seems to have gotten worst after filter change. Seems like to me either air or collapse line. At a lost for now.

  3. #3Wayne McNeil2019-06-22 16:55

    Why would there be a difference in pumps or mechanical I jections.

  4. #4Bls repair2019-06-22 19:40

    Where I use to work we had a JD loader that act up every now and then. We would shut it off then turn off master switch ,wait 30 sec. then start . That would usually help

  5. #5Wayne McNeil2019-06-22 19:44

    Tried that hoping it would reset the system. No go. What I find strange is this unit idles beautifully but lacks power. Shut it off then restart it and itll idle rough yet power is all there. I am baffled with this one unless theres a sensor somewhere acting up and the restart bypasses it.

  6. #6heymccall2019-06-22 22:16

    Because my 544Js have mechanical injection.