Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 550g LGP nitrogen cyl

vmaggio ยท 2014-01-19 21:11

What is this used for?

Replies7
  1. #1Andrew_D2014-01-19 21:46

    I have no idea where it is on the machine, but JD uses nitrogen cylinders on their ag equipment to provide the "bounce" in the seat. Is this one under your seat? Under cab? Also, ag equipment uses nitrogen cylinders as shock absorbers in hydraulic systems. Andrew

  2. #2Delmer2014-01-19 21:59

    Hydraulic accumulator? like a pressure tank for hydraulic fluid. I was gonna say a reserve for the brakes, but...

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-01-19 22:56

    Its a shift modulation accumulator used on direct drive crawlers, works on the return side of the hydraulic shifter to control shifts out of neutral.

  4. #4ANDREW C2014-01-20 01:29

    I just saw your other posts asking the same thing about your dozer not moving, this wont cause it. With lights on check your drive shaft and coupler first, also cut open the trans filter.

  5. #5vmaggio2014-01-20 11:46

    The Trans Filter is new, I see my drive shaft turning the Nitrogen Cyl is right above it. My stop light and trans light on the panel. Im new at the dozer not much on youtube about fixing a John Deere.

  6. #6ANDREW C2014-01-20 21:34

    Id start by checking pressures to see if it is operating correctly or cutting open the trans filter to see if anything has went through it.

  7. #7vmaggio2014-01-22 17:16

    Where do I need to start to ckeck pressure? The control box on top of the trans, under the seat and battery?