Busted hydraulic hose to the left main ram (two of them) is behind a cover and lots of steel lines. From operator seat they are to your left and about knee high. I have removed the ram but still see no way of getting a wrench on the fittings to remove and replace. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. MYASSITIS FROM MISSOURI
Have you tried a "crows foot" type wrench?
Crows Foot No Digger, I have not. But before I go buy one tell what they are?
They look like the ones below. They fit on the end of a ratchet extension for tightening and loosening in tight places. link
Thanks, CB. I hadn't got back to see jboettcher's question in reply. That's exactly what I was talking about. You slip the opening over the hose or tube, and then slide it down til it's on the fitting you want to turn. Turn it as far as you can, slide it back off and do it all over again, until you get it done. You don't even really need a wratchet, since you're turning it from outside the edge of the fitting. A breaker bar might even work better.
You make a good point Digger. The breaker bar will probably work better. :thumbsup
Crows Foot Thanks to all the replys on my question of "What is a Crows Foot"? I will purchase one (some) and bust some knuckels. I let the site know how it works out. Myassitis from Mo.