Im working on a 555g loader steering brakes and brakes are weak I found 4 bad hydraulic hoses to the steering clutches the pedal is low I had adjusted the bands by the book one band bracket was rubing the drum im not sure how much lining should be on the band the clutches still have grooves in them , I just want to get it right before I put it all back together any ideas ? Thanks 2000 crawler
So far ive found 4 bad hyd hoses to the drums the clutch disc were worn a little, I got new clutches new plates new bands and im working on replacing piston seals im hoping this will fix the brake problem.
all done I finally finished the job I now have good pedal just waiting on the operator to give me the thumbs up, the bands clutches and hoses made a big difference the whole job cost quite a bit but the brakes work great