Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 570

Smallscontracting · 2023-10-24 19:52

Hello all, I purchased a 570 grader from a local dirt race track. I bought it knowing it had transmission issues, the price was right for a gamble. I changed fluid and filters on the trans and the pick up screen. It only moves in first and second. Second works every time in both foreword and reverse. First gear seams to need an adjustment because if I just slip in into first she won’t go, just hesitate. But if I slowly go into first it will move in both foreword and reverse. Nothing at all for the rest of the gears. I’m thinking my c2 pack is not engaging. Any thoughts on which direction I should go? Thanks, Jonathan.

Replies1
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-10-25 01:02

    The “clutch” / inching pedal controls the supply of pressure oil to the C1 low range and C2 high range clutch packs. Check that the control cable between the pedal and the control valve is adjusted correctly. Check the Transmission pump pressure at the “ clutch “ test port. spec is 165-185 psi at 1900 rpm , oil temp 140F. C2 clutch is applied in forward gears 3 thru 8 and reverse gears 3 and 4. Check the pressure at the C2 clutch test port If the pressure on an engaged clutch and brake elements is more than 15 psi below pump pressure, excessive leakage is indicated.