Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 570A Motor Grader information needed

Phil P · 2016-08-03 07:33

John Deere 570A Motor Grader information needed Hello all I have in the past gotten a lot of good information here on this forum. At this time I have a problem gaining access to the hydraulic line in the very front of the machine. The scarifire attachment on the front of the machine obstructs the access to this location. The first thing I need to know is which lever in the cab extends and retracts this attachment. Then any recommendations on what to do with it if it is frozen and won’t move. Thanks in advance. Phil P

Replies2
  1. #1rsherril2016-08-04 07:53

    From the operators seat, far left lever. Assuming nothing has changed the second lever is mold board roll. I would go through the following steps. Check hyd. fluid level. Check that other levers are functional. Get a helper to "feel" if the hyd. line from the ram is being pressureized during lever operation. If not, pull off the level cover and check the line hook ups there as they can be switched around. Disconnect the ram from the box frame, (the one with the cotter key and big nut). Lift the box frame with appropriate tools and chain the frame up safely. Proceed to find the problem from there. Either the ram or hyd. spools maybe. Should be straight forward from there.

  2. #2Phil P2016-08-11 06:13

    Thanks When we figured out what lever does what we exercised it back and forth a couple of times and it came down with much squeaking and grinding noise. I can now reach the leaking hydraulic lines. Phil P