My track seems to be going slack after 5-6 hours. I am assuming it’s the slack adjuster seals. The other track has about 13” from the track pad to the roller frame. Book says it should be around 11.5”, I can’t pump any more grease into it. Machine only has 4300 hrs. is it a big job to split the track and remove adjuster? Do I have to split the track? thank you for any help
Let the tensioner grease out.push the idler in with the bucket and walk out of the track,give the front of the track some side pressure with the bucket,it will fall off.Preferably to the outside.
Should the track be off the ground?
I meant should I block up the machine so the track is not touching the ground before I slide the track off the idler?
Typically not a big job to split excavator tracks, master pin will have a cotter pin or snap ring retaining it in. You might as well do both adjusters and remove a link from each chain if you're coming up against the end of the adjustment. Do not remove a link from a chain that is not worn past the adjuster limit, lol.
take a 7/8 box end and pull out the relief valve on the end of the adjuster and swap it with the other side. 4300 hrs is low for undercarriage on an excavator unless you are working in rock or someone disconnected the hour meter. If the blocks that hold the idler are showing at the end of the track frame then the tracks are worn out.You may be able to cut a track link out to tighten the track but make sure you have enough slack in the track to reconnect.(been there, done that).The 590D was a bullet proof machine and it might warrant another set of rails. Only if the gods are smiling on you will the master pin have a snap ring or a cotter pin.Look for a dimple on the end of a track pin that does not look like the other and pound on that one to split the track.If it does not move after 10 hits and a few words then get a torch and burn it out. A new pin is fairly cheap.