Working on a John Deere 6310. With engine running right rear wheel is locked with tractor in gear. As soon as I start tractor there is a sqeall coming from steering valve and right brake pedal hard . If I turn steering wheel noise changes as well when I step on left brake pedal. I'm thinking priority valve. Any ideas?
Closed center hydraulics right? With closed center I don't see how a priority valve would cause the squealing with steering and hard brake pedal. The JD priority valves I'm familiar with are used to shut off flow to other hydraulics to keep the steering and brakes working at all times, they never shut off or reduce flow to steering and brakes. I'd be looking at the brake valve unless you have figured out that the steering could affect the brakes somehow. It might help diagnosing to cap the line going to the right brake, see what happens. Then maybe cap the lines going to the brake, see what happens. Then cap the line going to the steering, and see what happens. I only suggest this because it's easier than tanking a valve out/apart. Disclaimer, I'm NOT familiar with JD ag tractors, only older backhoes.