Low hr machine, starts up and blade operates. Problem is when you lift the operate lever the dozer starts backing up without moving the transmission direction shifter at all. It will also not move forward in whatever position the shifter is in. The left trac will expand like its wants to engage but then the track will relax back down. Any ideas? Thanks
I think a directional linkage adjustment is needed. Check at the transmission control valve that the directional spool is free to travel. If need be, remove the linkage at the spool and manually move the spool and see if can achieve forward. If that doesn’t prove anything ,I think a transmission pressure check would be next step. There are individual pressure tubes supplying the directional and speed clutch packs, the forward clutch tube may be split.
Thanks Diesel Dave, I have already confirmed the strainer which was not dirty at all but replaced it. Bought this knowing the issue and hoping for a maybe not so bad cost for repair. This is the first one I have seen like this with reversing when releasing the brake lever. I follow C & C Equipment and they had one in the shop not long ago with kind of the same issue and it turned out to be a piece of broken O-Ring in the transmission controller. I will dig into it soon I hope as I have just had neck surgery!