Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 650J

Coy Lancaster · 2022-08-25 09:47

Good morning all I’m looking at a JD 650J dozer S/N TO650J178103 that won’t move. There are three codes on dash; 3351.31 which is trans filter restriction, I changed filter but code still comes up so probably a sensor. The next code is 2661.4 and 604.1 which both deal with FNR switch open or short circuit. The TCU doesn’t have a display only has power and status lights. Power light is green but status light is not lit. So my question is how can I get codes from TCU other than electronic service tool? Sorry for the long post.

Replies6
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-08-25 12:03

    Sorry I double posted

  2. #2mg23612022-08-25 12:05

    Service mode of the monitor will get you all the codes and the ability to clear them, among other things. Key on. Press and hold the Menu button for approximately 5 seconds until a beep is heard ad the words Service Mode appear in the screen. Let go of the menu button. Now you have access to all kinds of good fun.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2022-08-25 12:57

    Thank you for this info I'll let you know what I find.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2022-08-26 09:12

    Hey mg2361 my voltage on FNR forward and reverse are 0 volts, the forward and reverse switches are 0 volts as well. Right steer is 1.7, left steer is 3.2, right counter is 1.6 left counter is 3.4. Also left and right pcp has 0 mA. I’m thinking that I have a bad sensor, what do you think?

  5. #5mg23612022-08-26 12:08

    You have me a little confused. You said forward and reverse switches, and FNR forward and reverse? The FNR only uses a rotary (analog) sensor for forward and reverse. Before condemning the sensor, make sure you have a good sensor supply voltage (5V) and a good return (ground). Also make sure the signal wire is complete all the way back to the TCU.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2022-08-26 12:43

    Ok I'll check that out