Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 650J Serial Number

Homewood35 · 2023-08-01 18:34

A friend of mine just sent this to me trying to figure out the year model. I did a quick search online but all I could figure out was may that the 10th digit is the year model. Any suggestions?

Replies7
  1. #1Homewood352023-08-01 19:02

    The JD power Assist app shows this when input the serial number in. Is 2005 correct?

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-08-01 23:16

    I plugged the engine serial # into the JD Power Systems data site. Came up with the same info as JDPower Assist. ENGINE build date Mar 18 2005. .

  3. #3Homewood352023-08-01 23:46

    Thanks. I’ve never used the JD Power Assist so I wasn’t sure if it was right.

  4. #4mg23612023-08-02 04:53

    Deere's 13 digit S/N's do not indicate year of manufacture. Your specific build date from Deere's build code web sight is April 13, 2005.

  5. #5Homewood352023-08-03 23:11

    Thanks for all the help. They bought this machine several years ago for a farm and couldn’t remember what year etc. Any idea where he would need to start wit it showing a F3H4 code? We haven’t tried to recalibrate it yet. It wasn’t doing it until they left it parked in a hayfield for a couple of months so we suspected it was a wire that something chewed on until we looked up the code. It may run fine for awhile and just stops moving. After you move the park brake, joystick and throttle back and forth it’ll start moving again.

  6. #6mg23612023-08-04 04:54

    F3H4 is a Neutral Start Switch Open code. Could be a switch problem or a wiring problem. Are there any F330 or F335 (they are FNR codes) codes stored or active? If so, they need to be repaired first.

  7. #7Homewood352023-08-04 13:51

    There’s an old code F383 but that’s it. Both speed sensors were replace when they bought it. It was probably never cleared.