Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 650K

kevzb ยท 2012-08-19 23:52

Howdy! New here with a new JD 650K. My new dozer has 16 hrs and I love it. Ran it today for an hour after a two week vacation. Got service code voc 91.4 then it automatically idled down. Shut it down and ran to the shack to check OM. No codes help there, anybody seen this one? Thanks...kev

Replies5
  1. #1mestizo2012-08-27 22:24

    91.4 is for the throttle knob wiring, its probably rotating too far when you set the engine to high rpm's.

  2. #2Saddleup2012-08-28 18:24

    Sending back a 750J thats been a good machine, and have a 850K on the way will be glad to here any info on the new K dozers. Thanks Matt

  3. #3kevzb2012-09-03 13:28

    Thanks guys! My dealer informed me that hitting select while viewing current codes will give a more detailed description. Throttle position sensor (out of range i think) is what comes up. It's happened a couple of times in the last 20 hrs, I think when I bump throttle dial down then up quickly checking to see that im at max throttle. Machine throws code then idles down. Only way to reset is to shut down and restart as far as i know. Overall this machine is a beast, the biggest Ive used (rented 450, 550 and a D3) so far. It's perfect for ranch work: brush clearing, roadwork and cleanup.

  4. #4grandkobelco2012-09-03 19:55

    Gently lift up the throttle dial, off the post of the throttle switch, underneath you will see a small 90% tab that is suposed to catch a stop at low idle and high idle I,ll bet it's jumping on top of the stop at high ilde. I'v seen this happen on ours.

  5. #5kevzb2012-09-03 21:43

    Thanks GK! I'll check it out tomorrow