Hey Guys new to the forum. I have a John Deere 650k dozer that I bought not running hoping to get lucky with a minor issue. Turned out that it dropped a valve. Had the engine rebuilt and installed runs great but has almost no power coming from the transmission to drive the dozer, all blade functions work great. At full throttle it will creep forward does a little better in reverse does not have enough power to turn. The dozer will free roll. I assume someone disengaged something to load this machine, I spoke with the local deere dealer they mentioned some kind of hydraulic release that I cant find given their instructions. Looking at parts diagrams looks like there might be some kind of clutches in the final drive not sure if they could be released somehow? I dont see anything stand out on the hydraulic system that could be released. The engine never seems like it has a load on it, no funny noises, no metal in the filter, Charge pressure is 295 at idle 330 and WOT. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.
Most likely the multifunction valves were backed out to prevent damage to the hydros when towing. I will try to find pictures of those so you will know where to look.
The multifunction valves are number 8 2 on each hydro pump make sure they are tight I do not remember torque spec.
Picture of page from 650K operators manual. Valve torque is 58 foot lbs hope this corrects your problem.
FYI, at the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the operators manual. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
That was it. Started moving properly right away. Thanks for the help!