Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 655c series 2 v pattern control?

invasion6528 ยท 2015-12-28 00:56

Hello, I am brand new to the forum and had a couple of questions. Any information would be very much appreciated. I am looking at buying a 2003 John Deere 655c series 2 track loader and plan on working it a little on the side with the hopes of making a little extra money, it has approximately 4600 hours on it with about 50% under carriage, the seller is asking a pretty reasonable price. I have ran a Cat 939 a little in the past with the joy stick control, I was wondering if the V pattern on the JD is something that is liked or disliked? how is turning with the steer peddles? Also are there any known problems with these machines? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1invasion65282016-01-01 15:59

    Is there anyone who has experience with these machines or know anything about them? Good? bad? or indifferent?

  2. #2Dickjr.2016-01-01 17:39

    The V pattern foot steering is pretty much the standard on track loaders now. This machine is a Liebhrer built for John Deere. The only problem with that now is John Deere are building they're own loaders in house. Some say product support from Deere will dwindle. I also know that Liebhrer has a place in Newport News Virginia and they are willing to talk to you over the phone to solve problems. I think they are solid machines , check it over well. I have heard of some final drive problems later around 7500hrs.

  3. #3invasion65282016-01-01 17:57

    Thanks for the info, I may try to give them a call. So far the only thing I know for sure has been replaced on it, is both hydraulic pumps and the fuel lift pump. The guy let me run it for about an hour the other day and all seemed well. He's asking 37k for it, my next concern is if I can drum up enough business to make the payment lol. I work full time Leo, and have family that can operate when I am unable to. Just didn't know if a machine like this would be a good first purchase.