Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690 ELC manual hydraulics

Babsfarms · 2024-05-25 11:26

Hello everyone, I’m having an issue with the throttle control so in stead of buying a new one we installed at manual throttle cable, does anyone know if there is a way to put it into manual mode for the hydraulics to get rid of the computer thinking it’s moving the throttle have engine set to 2150 rpm but i can only run in HD P mode any input would be excellent Thanks Taylor

Replies10
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-05-26 11:05

    With the built in system controller bypass valve turned on, the throttle is set to full so you have that portion already in place with your manual cable control. At the same time a preset reduced pilot signal pressure is sent to the hydraulic pump setting the pump output to about 65%. The location of the bypass valve varies depending on serial # and also the control handle “A“ could also be a short lever. See pic below. .

  2. #2Babsfarms2024-05-26 19:15

    Thanks for the reply This is what I have on the top when it’s on off or turned any other direction it doesn’t seem to make a difference is the something I should check? Thanks Taylor

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-05-26 20:10

    See screenshot below . Tee a pressure guage into the hose at port D. Turn bypass valve to the on position. Pressure should be 100-145 psi with engine at full throttle. Should be able to adjust the pressure at the relief valve beside the on/off control on top of the valve block. .

  4. #4Babsfarms2024-05-26 20:19

    Sounds good I will give that a go and update you when I’m done! Thank you!

  5. #5tylerdix092024-08-07 18:22

    Do you know where the test port is for the main hydraulic pump on a 690elc?

  6. #6Babsfarms2024-08-07 18:33

    Yes you have to add in a T one end with a port and the other to the hose, it is port D on the controller on the top under the cover with valve on it,

  7. #7tylerdix092024-08-07 20:03

    Any idea what the pressure should be?

  8. #8Babsfarms2024-08-07 20:26

    Mine is set at 144 it works great there

  9. #9tylerdix092024-08-09 15:40

    I have pressure when the manual bypass is on. Is there supposed to be pressure when it's off?

  10. #10Diesel Dave2024-08-10 09:26

    No