Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690C

Bill012 ยท 2012-04-16 17:10

I have a John Deere 690c. I was wondering if i can change just one link in the track? only one side at the top where the pad bolts on is cracked?

Replies5
  1. #1CRAFT2012-04-16 18:14

    Just by chance ... considering the age of the machine .....could you get enough slack by backing off your idler wheel to just eliminate that link/pad ???

  2. #2Bill0122012-04-16 18:21

    the tracks are in great condition would not be able to get enough slack

  3. #3shopguy2012-04-16 20:03

    Pull the crack out and weld the link then weld the pad to the link across the crack

  4. #4Bill0122013-10-27 15:43

    690c Do i have to remove track in order to change the seals in the track adjusters

  5. #5uffex2013-10-27 16:18

    Good day Bill I attach some info that may be of help there is much more data at the web site. Kind regards Uffex