I have a 1993 JD 690E LC SN#690EL542169, The Switch Box lights are sometimes on, sometimes off. But it they are on and you switch modes, they do this flickering to fade out all together, the monitor lights are very dim also, and it has no function with the throttle response, I have been using the over ride switch near the fuel tank, but it has cut the power in half, hydraulics stalls the engine at times. some one help me out. I read the threads, I bought the manuals, but my brother-in-law (The Mechanic) took one of the manuals to "study" the electronics diagram and swears he never took it with him....I'm not paying John Deere 600.00+ for another 3 books. someone give me something to lean toward. Thanks in advance!!
I would start with the monitors ground wire. Look for plain black wire or wires. If it is black with a tracer color, that is not a ground. Make sure it has a solid, clean ground.
Will do I will update accordingly
Okay on further investigation, had two problems one fixable one wire going into the standby relay had broke away from the plug going into the relay. 2nd the ECM not the microprocessor had corrosion in the plug and one of the terminals had broken off. I will update with pictures shortly, but this is a start.
Notice the prongs one missing anyone have a part number for this ECM?
do you think this would make the system go haywire?
.
Thanks guys I found the ECM I got one on order from Amazon: John Deere Excavator 190E 790ELC 690ELC 892ELC Big Controller V-ECU 4688258
Now that's ugly!