Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690elc

Babsfarms · 2024-11-21 21:06

Hello there I was wondering if anyone has tried operating a John Deere 690 with microprocessor removed, I can’t find one so we were wondering if we could make it work without one just wondering if anyone has tried it Thanks Taylor

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-11-22 08:29

    Are you able to get the hydraulic pump to stroke up using the bypass valve ?

  2. #2Babsfarms2024-11-22 09:32

    Hello we can’t get the pump to stroke with the bypass I didn’t know if maybe there was some wiring we had to jump?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-11-22 09:59

    No wiring to jump. See screenshot of bypass valve block below. When in bypass mode, the adjustable regulating valve on top of the bypass valve block reduces the pilot pressure going to the hydraulic pump allowing about 65% output. .

  4. #4Babsfarms2024-11-22 10:04

    Yes we did that and put gauges on before and it was set at 145 psi and then we had a cab fire and installed new cab but all I have is the cab controller no microprocessor installed so we were thinking maybe it needs one to even work in the bypass mode

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-11-22 15:43

    Have you checked the pressure since the fire and replacing the cab ?