Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690ELC hydraulic issues, newest S/N machine

Ironrider71220 ยท 2023-10-26 17:16

I'm having pilot pressure issues going to the pump controller and have determined the problem is in the pressure reducing valve in the dual solenoid block. Not furnished anymore and haven't had much luck finding a good used one. Anybody have any ideas as to a replacement or a bypass option. I'm dead in the water. Ani ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-10-26 22:39

    Are you running the machine in manual override ? The pressure reducing valve that is located in the dual solenoid block only comes into play when the system controller manual override valve (in the dual solenoi block) is actuated. The pressure reducing valve is used to limit the main hydraulic pump output to approximately 60% when in manual override. The pilot sysem pressure regulating valve is in the main hydraulic control valve manifold.

  2. #2Ironrider712202023-10-27 06:10

    No sir. You helped me a lot with that statement.

  3. #3Ironrider712202023-10-27 06:14

    I have 50 years of hydraulic work behind me, and this ol gal still gives me grief. Figured out its the LS relief that was stuck, I removed it and cleaned it last night and now she's working again. I'm still trying to sort out how they make this thing work.

  4. #4Ironrider712202023-10-27 06:31

    Can anyone steer me to a good downloadable manual that covers pressure adjustments on this ol girl ? I do not mind paying for the manual if it has good info. I've downloaded a couple already and they have very little as to adjustment procedures.

  5. #5mg23612023-10-27 12:05

    Click here . TM1508 has all the adjustments, schematics and theory.