Hey all, hope some of you are familiar with this problem. I’ve found several other post on here with the same issue but not a solution. Our 700J dozer has the electronic blade controller, and whenever you run the blower motor in the cab it will throw codes for the tilt PVE and height PVE “Spool POS ERROR”. Once it does this the blade will quit functioning all together. Turn the machine off and on and it will reset and you can go again for 30 secs or a whole month before it acts up again. Until recently now tho, it has been doing it none stop until the operator decided to suffer the heat and just not use the ac. So without a doubt I’ve got to get this issue lined out for them. But I don’t know where to start, should I start at the hvac system? Or with the blade control system? Throwing parts at it is crazy expensive with this issue I think the controller itself is like $4k, and the blower motor is close to $1k! Any ideas?!?
I would start by checking grounds and power supply junctions. The hvac blower is a large draw and is probably pulling the voltage too low for the controller.
Blower motor may be $1k at Deere, but it's just a Red Dot unit.
The first grounds to check are circled.
Is there anything else odd going on? Lights on that you know you turned off odd monitor functions anything strange other than what you posted?
Thanks for the responses, and the pictures heymcall. So I found the main ground down on the frame that both the ac and hydraulics use. The bolt was about to fall out it was so loose, hard to believe it even work at all. So that should take care of that problem, but it didn’t fix the ripper valve, which is also electronic. So to answer your question Steve, yes something else odd is wrong. When you hit the ripper valve nothing happens, and then a code comes up. “Aux 1 PVE Low or Open Circuit”
Would this most likely be a ground issue as well? And would the grounds in that picture have anything to do with it? Or are these electric valves just that crappy and quit when your not even using them?
Being the ripper function which may not get used regularly yes these valves do give problems if not cycled regularly. By all means check grounds, unplug connector at valve look for corrosion and moisture, check that pins are seated in connector by gently pulling on wire at back of connector, sometimes if not locked in good they will back out. Look in valve side of connector for burnt or overheated pins this is rare but I have seen it.
Alright I’ve had time to look it’s over, and pretty sure those 2 grounds in mcalls picture are the ones I already cleaned and found to be loose. All the pins and look good on the valve connection
PVE low or open circuit.....Can you check the PVE solenoid(s) for continuity/ resistance. Each solenoid should be same resistance.
Hard to say, I get a couple different numbers that match a couple times. Not all the solenoids give the same numbers, but the aux selenoid will always match at least one of the others.
Swap the connector with another spool, clear the codes and operate. Does the same code come back? You never posted a serial number or the specific code numbers.
The vin is 1t0700jxafd277022 The code is 1903.0 But if I switch the connector to another spool I get a 1903.1
Did you swap with the one next to it? If you operated the aux with them swapped and you still got a 1903 code, then I would think you have a wiring issue. When you operate the blade angle with the plugs swapped, did the aux work?