Just bought a 700j dozer. Real nice machine. It's a 2006 which to me is like a rocket ship in advancement compared to what I own. What is a basic hourly rate for a machine like this? I have had lots of older big cats and small cats. I currently have a 550 G I charge 130 for per hour. And a d6c which I charge between 130 and 150 per hour. Where would the 700j fall in to be fair for both the customer and myself? Thank you
Bobcats are getting $225/hr here with just a bucket to move snow. I'm going to be at $250 until fuel prices are back down with my 450c. My D6C would be $450 if theres any work.
It all comes down to how much you can get in the area's you operate in. In today's economy I don't intent to use my D6C in my area for any less than $300.00 an hour and it would depend on what I would be required to do with it if I worked it for that price. Where I am there are people that would work one for less? maybe they feel they need to. I own mine and if it sits I move on with jobs that require my other, cheaper to operate equipment. It can stay where it's at now, which is my equipment yard, If/until work I want comes along it isn't costing me a penny.
Inflation is real. People for some reason think it’s fake. Or people are gouging customers. The gub nuts cannot just go blow ten trillion dollars in a couple years and the cost of goods stay same as 5 years ago. If you work too cheap you’ll be broke. Fuel, repair labor and basic machine maintenance parts are double what they cost 5 years ago just the same.