Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 70D Excavator

deputy48 ยท 2015-07-19 14:23

Looking to find information on replacing the motor for my Deere 70D excavator. What type of motor is it? Any help would be appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-07-19 15:36

    believe it's a Deere 4039D. Should be lots of them around, popular engine.

  2. #2deputy482015-07-19 15:40

    Thank you will start with that.

  3. #3deputy482015-07-19 15:52

    Are the 4039D all the same or should I try to find the serial number on the existing motor. Also any good reliable places to look. I live in upstate NY near Albany.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-07-19 16:01

    I assume there will be different horsepower ratings and also the flywheel housing and front arrangements may differ. Best to start with a serial number yes. Try: http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/search/engine_search.cfm Looks like there are some around, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas? I'm on the left coast, so not familiar with your area.