Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 70D Hydraulic Pump

Dmack · 2019-12-12 14:06

Has anyone had any luck finding someone to rebuild the hydraulic pump on a JD 70D excavator? If not, has anyone found a replacement pump or a pump that can be installed in place of the OEM pump. I have yet to find a shop that can rebuild my pump. I'm running out of options. Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1excavator2019-12-12 18:48

    John Deere 70D is the same machine as the Hitachi EX60-1, it just uses a Deere engine instead of the Nissan. Is yours rebuildable or just can't find someone to do it? These are getting pretty old so finding one at a rebuilder might be difficult.

  2. #2mg23612019-12-13 05:32

    Try Flint Hydraulics. www.flinthyd.com A general google search of the part number came up with this website. https://hydrostaticpumprepair.com/html/hitachi__pumps_hitachi_hydrost.html

  3. #3Dmack2019-12-13 07:48

    I took my pump to Flint Hydraulics because they told me "yeah we can fix it, no doubt".....5 months later I went and picked it up just like I took it. I have done the web searches. I have talked to several different companies. I am leaning more to a replacement pump. Even if I have to have an adapter plate made to mount it. Has anyone done anything like that? Maybe a pump recommendation? Thanks all!

  4. #4Vetech632019-12-13 08:01

    Never had an issue with Flint.

  5. #5mikebramel2019-12-14 13:11

    Post pictures of the pump

  6. #6racerboy8322020-01-01 09:14

    Is it a Uchida pump? Please post some pictures

  7. #7Dmack2020-03-30 17:03

    Can someone tell me how to post pictures on here? I will post pics of the hydraulic pump.

  8. #8racerboy8322020-03-30 21:47

    You can copy and paste them.

  9. #9mg23612020-03-31 05:31
  10. #10Swetz2020-03-31 09:58

    I just click an open pic and drag it to my response, and it automatically attaches, at which point I click full image as shown above

  11. #11Dmack2020-04-01 08:54
  12. #12Dmack2020-04-01 08:59

    Okay gentlemen, I have now posted pictures. Thanks for the instructions! I am sure that in this vast group of knowledge there is someone who has had luck in either rebuilding this pump or replacing it with an alternative. I am not opposed to either option. All I know for sure is that this little machine is nothing more than scrap without a pump and I really don't want to have to spend the price of the machine just to replace the hydraulic pump. This is truly being between a rock and an hard place!! Any viable options??

  13. #13mikebramel2020-04-01 14:52

    Whats wrong with it

  14. #14Dmack2020-04-01 15:00

    The pump is worn.

  15. #15HydraulicGuy2020-04-02 09:46

    Hi Dmack, this is a double barrel piston pump. I have rebuilt these pumps before. If it does in fact need two rotary groups your looking at $800 per group. Along with labor and other parts. Feel free to contact me at +19046552229 we’re up in Maine.