Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 744J

Jasonv27 ยท 2014-03-29 02:41

Gda'y People, new to the forum, am looking at buying a 2nd hand John Deere 744J, has 8500hrs. there isn't much Deere gear on the market in Australia so was wondering if anyone new much about them? what are some of the common problems? what should I be looking out for? cheers for your help

Replies2
  1. #1JGibson2014-03-29 19:19

    I have never ran a 744, but I have ran a 724j. The deere has a lot of power, and nice and smooth. Deere has pretty good dealer support. They are fine machines, but a cat/komatsu/kawasaki/doosan loaders are just as good.

  2. #2clintm2014-03-29 21:31

    check the axles the 644's and 724's have bad axle bearings (front and rear) and it takes out the whole axle assembly when it goes I have a 724J that has the fifth axle out of it now with 16,000hrs on they started giving trouble 7,800hrs