Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 772g blade

Highway 6 Repair ยท 2023-08-16 17:15

Just curious if anyone has done a head gasket or head replacement on one of these. Its a 9.0 liter 2008 year model. Im looking at one and just trying to get an idea of labor hrs for the job. I will send the head out for inspection and etc. So minus that. Thanks..

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612023-08-18 05:12

    About 16 - 20 hrs.

  2. #2Highway 6 Repair2023-08-18 08:49

    Ok i think that sounds good. Is there any type of labor guides out there for equipment that yall use i know heavy equipment varies a bunch on how its been maintained and etc i know time to heat bolts or extract broken ones and things like that cant really be accounted in a guide.

  3. #3mg23612023-08-18 12:00

    The time I gave you came out of the Deere labor guide, which is available to dealers only. It is their "Flat Rate" and then I multiplied it by 1.6, which is typically how long that job would take in the real world. Sometimes we multiply by 2, depending on the job. I do not know of any independent organizations that supply a time guide for labor for the equipment world.