Just bought a John Deere 7775 skid steer. Don't have an owners manual yet (on order). How to engage auxiliary hydraulic power to quick connect couplers for John Deere backhoe attachment. Previous owner never used it. Tried right side handle. Turned it sideways but not engaging. Seems to be binding. Is there something I'm supposed to do first before engaging?
Welcome to HEF Herminio ! There is a lock pin that can keep the handle from pivoting. It has to be slid down to unlock.
Thanks for the response but I've already done that. The handle turns but it just pops back up like it's binding. Raised seat for better access and it seems to turn the linkage but not engaging. Is there a procedure that I'm not doing before hand. I've tried with the motor off and on. One tricky thing is when the motor is on and you turn the handle the right steering is pretty sensitive to any movement of the handle.
I would follow the cable down to the control valve and make sure any bell cranks or linkage is free from seizure and to see if the auxiliary spool moves.
Did what you said and followed the rod not a cable down to the control valve and freed it up some. The auxiliary spool now moves in and a little better but not going in all the way. Followed the linkage down and it seems to work off the foot pedal setup so I was trying to pry the linkage connected to the spool to no avail. So went for a heavier gun the hammer. Managed to get the spool moving in and out some but not all the way in. The part I'm calling the spool is the little chrome cylinder. This cylinder is about 2" to 3" long and has a groove in the center. I'm guessing this chromy cyclinder is suppose to enter all the way in up to the groove in the cylinder to engage and remain in. Trying to figure out a way to get a direct hit on the cylinder without doing damage to the linkages around it. Maybe lay down a block of wood just the right size and length to get a pry bar in between the wood and cylinder. Not any more today because it's rainy and miserable outside.
If the spool does manage to go in further am I suppose to hear a click or something to know it's in as far as it's supposed to?
Also up on the right side and up on ceiling of the cab is a rocker switch that says run and service and right next to that is a push button. What are those for?
Do the boom and bucket circuits work OK? Do not hit the spools with a hammer! Especially the ones with a solenoid mounted on them. I would disconnect the linkage from the spools to make sure all the linkages are free and move easily. If your linkage is moving easily but your auxiliary spool is not, then the spool spring cap would need to come off to inspect. I would recommend at this point removing the control valve for repair. I would highly suggest if you do not have it is to get the service manual TM1553. That switch enables the machine to be started but locks out the boom and bucket pedals for servicing. It is used for things like travel lever adjustments. Always start a skid steer while sitting in the seat. If you have to start one from out of the seat ALWAYS block the machine so the wheels/tracks are off the ground.
Thanks for your past responses. Got the auxiliary control to work. Now having a problem with the boom and bucket foot controls. They are locked won't operate. Sitting in the seat seat belt on and run service switch is on run. Checked the run service switch with digital multimeter and it works. Checked seat belt switch with belt on and off and it works.
Where do I go from here?
Seat switch working properly? Sitting in the seat first, then connecting the seat belt?