Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 7775 Hour meter Issues

cb1978 ยท 2022-05-13 14:57

I am curious if anyone has this on their display or has experience with it. My display show this number when on the hour meter. I thought this was the current hours on the machine, however, the number counts up while running. When the machine is shut off, it resets back to this number. I have no idea how many hours are actually on the machine. When initially started, everything lights up as it should, there are no burned out of "dead" digits. My manual says if there is issues with the hour meter and the oil pressure system is fine, it would need to be reset by DTAC, which I'm assuming is John Deere. My machine is a 1997 JD 7775. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612022-05-14 06:01

    Welcome to HEF CB ! I have never seen that one. First thing I would try is to disconnect the battery negative cable for 5 minutes. Then reconnect. See if that works. When you sit in the seat does the following occur (with the service/run switch in the run position)? 1. All lights should light 2. Characters should show all eights (8888.8) 3. Park Brake and seat light should flash 4. Buckle the seat belt, seat belt light will go out and Park Brake will keep flashing 5. Turn ignition key to "on" position. Park Light will go out. 6. Press "Arrow" switch to change the monitored function and character display. Does the display change?

  2. #2cb19782022-05-18 14:31

    My machine does everything you asked. Pressing the arrow does change the function, i.e. rpms, battery, temp, etc. This is in the run and service position.

  3. #3mg23612022-05-19 05:13

    Hmmm. Don't have an answer for that one. Maybe a voltage spike or something. Struck by lightning? Welding on the machine? I PM'd you.

  4. #4cb19782022-05-21 11:43

    Thank you. Nothing since I've had it. There appears to be some welding that happened previously.