Have a throttle issue on a 813E “hands only” machine. The dial up throttle is unresponsive as is the foot pedal. The machine has the soft key for deceleration or acceleration. It says it is enabled. I suspect it has a throttle motor and I have a fuse issue. However I am just guessing. I have the operator manual. It identifies the fuses however it does not show a fuse for the throttle. Anybody has any experience with this?
Do you mean a 318E? Serial number would help. Do you have any codes? Both the dial and the foot pedal have to be returned fully to the idle position before you can idle up the engine, even after a key cycle. So make sure your dial and especially the pedal are returned all the way to the idle position. With no foot/hand throttle operation with no codes, then check the ECU connectors for moisture. Get yourself some electronic contact cleaner and clean out the ECU connections. Also moisture getting into the electrical connector for the foot pedal has been an issue as well with no codes. So clean that as well. If you hold the menu button for 5 seconds and enter the service mode, then scroll to diagnostics, you will be able to see both the foot and hand throttle positions.
I am going to see that machine first thing... I appreciate the direction will grab the s/n Thanks!
So first thing this morning the lowboy showed up with another skid steer and took the Deere to the shop. The funny thing is after a whole shift of no throttle yesterday it started at half throttle this morning. You could dial the throttle open however it only stay there a couple seconds and it would return to half throttle. The foot pedal was all the way up and in unresponsive. I sent your information to our master mechanic. I really appreciate the help...it remains in quarantine tonight.
I got to the shop yesterday and our wrench smiled and walked over and grabbed the foot pedal module and said to tell you “ you were right.” Replaced the pedal, problem solved. The pedal was done, about half travel and suffering the effects of wet concrete exposure. Thanks again!!
Well...…..if MG is ever wrong about something on a Deere, I'm hiding. It means "HELL hath frozen over!"
I have the same issue on a 2014 323D EH controls. Sometimes the units idle controls will work fine and some times they are unresponsive. Thinking is the pedal. Do I need to remove the pedal to get to the wires to inspect? Can i just disconnect the PEDAL all together ( will there be codes ?) Thanks for the help for a newbie. Thanks!
Welcome to HEF Jaytrix ! How about posting the machine's complete serial number please. Any DTC's? Also, in the future, please post your own thread rather than piggy backing an old thread. Check your messages.
Thank you SN : 1T0323DKCDG242315 No current DTC’s I got your pdf .. any way to get a service manual to perform some of those solutions ? Thanks so much Jay
The manual can be found here . You will want the Operation and Test manual TM11422 for diagnostics, schematics and theory of operation. The manual does not really offer anything more than the solution I sent you. The throttle diagnostics just has you check for DTC's, for the latest ECU software, and then for moisture in the connectors. With the key on or engine running, press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until the words "SERVICE MENU" appear in the screen. Release the button. Press next until Diagnostics appears. Press select. Press next until Diagnostics Sensors, press select. In here there will be hand and foot throttle % and voltages. If one of the throttles is an issue, you might see just dashes in the display. Check your messages.
Thank you very much, I just thought the manual might help me figure out how to remove the pedal or to get to these wires. I believe it is issues with the petal versus anywhere else. ( or if I even have to remove the pedal to get to those wires.) also wondering if I can just disconnect the foot pedal and not have it hooked up at all.
I can't recall, but I believe you can. Try it. If you have no codes and it works, run with it. Just make sure the connector that is disconnected is cleaned of any moisture and covered tightly with a plastic bag zip tied around it to keep the moisture out. You will have to remove the plastic footwell to access it.