I have a John Deere 8875 skidsteer. I've only had it for about three months and I bought it with this issue. When turning left with the machine, at a certain point when pulling back on the left stick it makes a very loud and very fast "zzzz" sound. this sound primarily happens when going downhill. I have checked the drive chains which are good. I have also drained the fluid in the chain boxes and replaced it. could someone please give me some insight on what this problem could be. thanks in advance.
Welcome to HEF JD8875! ! Noises can sometimes be hard to determine in person, let alone from an easy chair. Maybe post a video of the noise? Will it make the noise at all engine rpm settings? All travel speeds of the lever? If you are just sitting and without touching the right lever, the noise happens in reverse only with the left lever? Does the left drive seem to have good power in forward and reverse?
It will make the noise at any rpm level. It’s only at a certain point when you pull back on the left stick. It can happen in reverse or forward. Left drive seems to have plenty of power.