Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere bucket pin sizes

rino1494 · 2007-05-07 19:28

I am curious to know the bucket pin sizes for a John Deere 160. I want to know if they are the same as a Cat 315.

Replies4
  1. #1excavator2007-05-07 20:46

    The stick pin is 120mm and the linkage pin is 80mm. The hole spacing is 15.39 inches, center to center and it's 12.09 inches between the ears. 590D and the 160 have the same bucket specs. I don't have any for Cats. I hope this helps.

  2. #2ben46a2007-05-08 20:21

    120MM??? are you sure? thats the same as a 345C cat! 315 pins are : 69.850 ± 0.040 mm (2.7500 ± 0.0016 inch)

  3. #3excavator2007-05-09 12:17

    I'm sorry, I looked in the Deere manual and it gave 120mm as the bucket pin bore. I forgot about the factory buckets having a large bore with the shim type bushing. The Hitachi 160 manual shows both pins at 80mm. I hope this clears it up.

  4. #4Nac2007-05-11 18:33

    Yes they are 80mm pins