Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere Cab Glass

Dan Pflip · 2020-09-19 21:48

Best place to get replacement glass for 1998 John Deere 160lc? Looking for front upper and lower glass. New or used fine. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1suladas2020-09-19 23:02

    I would just go to a local glass shop, way cheaper then from dealer.

  2. #2heymccall2020-09-19 23:30

    https://www.safeharborparts.com/at480124-excavator-front-upper-windshield-with-rubber-seal/

  3. #3bam19682020-09-20 00:03

    You can try ebay also.

  4. #4Tags2020-09-20 10:43

    I've done that a bunch, especially if it's not curved glass. The only thing is they can't drill holes in it if you need to mount a handle or the wiper in the glass

  5. #5southernman132020-09-20 18:38

    On some it can be very difficult to install. We had a 200clc and busted the top part of the front. We put a piece of plexiglass on until We got it properly fixed. It actually worked really well. I put it on the outside of the frame I believe and just shut it down. Worked until we had it fixed. I bought a new glass from an outside source but everyone at Deere said they’ve never had any luck installing one without breaking it. I didn’t want to chance another piece so I had a glass man do it. Good luck

  6. #6Dan Pflip2020-09-20 20:59

    Thanks I may do the plexi for now with my luck lately I would break the new glass

  7. #7suladas2020-09-20 22:11

    True but I don't think any hoes have any holes on the upper glass. I took off the frame and had them put the glass in so I didn't have to deal with it, and it was only like $200.